Transformers back again in 2011


A release date has been announced for the third movie in the Transformers series, three months before the sequel even hits cinema screens.

Paramount says the film will be ready for 1 July 2011.

However, director Michael Bay said on his official website that Paramount have made a "mistake", stating that its release date will be in 2012.

A first sequel, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, is set for a summer release on 24 June.

In a comment posted on Tuesday, Bay said: "I said I was taking off a year from Transformers."

"Paramount made a mistake in dating Transformers 3 - they asked me on the phone - I said yes to 4 July - but for 2012 - whoops! Not 2011!!!"

"That would mean I would have to start prep in September. No way. My brain needs a break from fighting robots."